Reliable Color Sensors for Automation Applications
With our efficient color sensors, you can verify the presence of targets that can be differentiated by color faster and with greater control. A ColorMax-1000™ color sensor lets your machine see up to 15 colors and RGB intensity. What’s more, innovative technology improves sensitivity and speed, so you can maximize the pace of your manufacturing and optimize your facility’s output.
ColorMax-1000 RGB Color Sensor Highlights
Our ColorMax-1000 RGB sensor units come with a variety of key features as standard for our customers.
Of particular note, the new white balance adjustment feature allows for the entry of correction factors applied to the red, green and blue color measurements effectively which provides a means of adjusting the sensor readings. This new functionality of these color detectors is useful when multiple sensors are used and setting them for specific RGB readings on a known target is required for your application.
For a look at our ColorMax white balance adjustment feature in action, visit our helpful video walkthrough.
Other key features of these color sensors for automation include:
- The ability to recognize 15 colors. ColorMax-1000 units help you to use fewer sensors, and there’s no need to reprogram when you change setups
- Traditional color sensors output only a “match/no match” condition, but the ColorMax-1000 RGB sensors we provide also output the analog values for each RGB reading. Now, machines and operators can not only see which color is being analyzed, but how much color is present, which in turn enables tighter control
- White balance adjustment software provides a graphic user interface that simplifies the calculation of the correction factors and the process of transmitting them to the sensor
- 2 to 5 times faster sample speed allowing for quicker manufacturing and more efficient operations
- The only color sensor available in an M30 package
- The highest resolution and repeatability specs in the industry
- Sophisticated algorithms which ignore luster
- A PC-based configuration, giving you the ability to lock out unauthorized changes
This unit is an accessory for the ColorMax-1000 color sensors which allows the customer to interface with the computer or PLC controller.
ColorMax Application Software
For a look at sensor set-up, visit our set-up demo video.
Our ColorMax-1000 Options
EMX Industries is proud to offer a variety of ColorMax1000 color sensing units within our ColorMax line. For complete product specifications, including number of channels, discrete and analog outputs, available accessories, and more, check out the individual product pages linked below.
Consider Our ColorMax VIEW Translucent Color Sensor
If you’re in need of a color sensor for high-speed, on-line color verification of translucent packaging containers, the ColorMax VIEW has been specially designed to meet that purpose.
Industries that could greatly benefit from this unit include:
- Food and beverage
- Personal care
Have any questions about our color sensors for automation? Feel free to get in touch with our team today.